Smoking is deadly!
Don’t believe me?
- All kinds of tobacco are poison – smoking, chewing, vaping – all, as in ALL!
- Don’t believe me? Tobacco contains nicotine, carbon monoxide, tar, plus numerous other deadly toxins.
- It is a fact, proven by science and statistics that tobacco in every form causes cancer.
- The CDC says that over 480,000 people die every year from smoking.
- Not convinced? I personally watched my father die, gasping for breath, with a tube stuck down his nose.
- Let’s get personal…my own son, 62 years old, smokes and coughs and wheezes. I have begged him to quit.
Think that’s pretty? That’s you smoking!
- What does it take to get your attention?
- Cigarettes cause dozens of diseases, not just cancer.
- It kills people on second hand smoke as well.
- Over 42 million people die from second hand smoke and never light a cigarette!
- Are you killing your family as well as yourself?
- Is smoking a sin? What do you think? I’m not talking about sin, I’m talking about YOU and you’re dying!
Here’s a sobering quote from the CDC:
- “More than 16 million Americans are living with a disease caused by smoking.
- For every person who dies because of smoking, at least 30 people live with a serious smoking-related illness.
- Smoking causes cancer, heart disease, stroke, lung diseases, diabetes, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), which includes emphysema and chronic bronchitis.
- Smoking also increases risk for tuberculosis, certain eye diseases, and problems of the immune system, including rheumatoid arthritis.
- Smoking is a known cause of erectile dysfunction in males”.
The statistics are just too many to list in this post.
Let me give you a link to the CDC so that you can see some staggering facts about people who smoke:
Click HERE to see for yourself.
Of course…it won’t happen to me! Never does…always happens to someone else.
I can stop any time I want…sure you can…you’ve probably tried several times.
You can quit…thousands do every day and you can be one of them. Maybe you can’t quit “cold turkey” there are many aids that will help you. Ask your pharmacy or your doctor.
But for God’s sake and your family, do it! Stop it now…this ain’t funny.
Okay, so what happens if I do quit? Will my lungs get better? That is a very good possibility, but if not, they won’t continue to get worse. So what do you have to lose by quitting? Nothing and you have everything to gain by doing so.
Let’s get positive for a while.
You can change…you can enjoy a healthy lifestyle.
After you quit smoking and I know you will, you have to think of what you are going to do to restore your health. There are several things you can do:
- Begin to eat healthy – fruits and vegetables – chicken and fish.
- Start walking…no, I didn’t say running…just walking. At least a mile, three times a week. Not complicated huh?
- Get plenty of rest…science says 6 to 8 hours every night.
- Cut down on the stress.
Salmon is about the most healthy meat you can eat. Don’t like it? Season it…blacken it…sauce it, until you do like it. Chicken and turkey come in a close second.
There are so many ways to fix it that it is impossible to list them all here. Many great recipes out there.
Want a better way? Click HERE for a wonderful program that will change your life. It is complete and is not just about food. It is practical and easy. If it is too complicated, I know you won’t do it. If it is too hard to do, you will just drop it.
This one was designed by a doctor and I promise you will love it.
This is not a diet program…
- This is a way of life…actually, a change of lifestyle.
- Yes, it includes diets and food and menus, but it is far more than that.
- It is not just about exercise, although it does tell you how to do it.
- Not a quick fix.
- A life change, that’s what it is.
After nearly killing yourself and your family by smoking, it is going to take a drastic turn around for your life. I am not talking about a religious experience, although that is a good idea. I’m talking about lifestyle changes.
Changing the way you eat, sleep, work…life…enjoying a wonderful life for a change.
Let’s talk about another killer –
- Stress. Almost as deadly as smoking.
- Robs you of your health.
- Takes away your joy of living.
- It can be fixed!
It’s not about another pill. I’m not talking about taking more prescriptions. Again, this is a lifestyle change. It may be as simple as:
- Changing who you hang out with…friends can be toxic!
- You might think of changing jobs…ever thought that yours may be killing you?
- How about your home environment…no I’m not talking about divorcing your companion!
- Could be as simple as a walk in the park…you’re kidding? No, you may be surprised.
I come back to offering you a program that can really change your life. It deals with every aspect of living. It deals with food, exercise, sleep, stress…life in general. Not just life, but living!
How would you like to wake up in the morning and be able to get out of bed, totally or almost totally, pain free? Wouldn’t you love to be able to relax without a Scotch and soda? Not saying that is wrong, but wouldn’t you like to know, you don’t HAVE to have it.
Imagine, getting up and not craving a cigarette…just think about going all day without smoke hanging around you like a cloud!
This could be you! The new you! Don’t know if you ever watched the movie “It’s a wonderful life” with Jimmy Stewart. You can begin to enjoy this wonderful life.
Let me give you the link again to get all the details. Click HERE.
I hope you do take me up and make the changes you need to make in your lifestyle. First things first… Quit smoking! Today, not tomorrow, not next week…TODAY.
Enjoy the journey.
Joe T. White, ThD