What is good health?
According to the Holy Bible, which for millions of people be the only true source of information, a human is made up of three different parts:
The Bible teaches us that according to Genesis 2:7
“Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.”
Literally, the spirit of man be the breath of God. So, you say you don’t believe that old-fashioned stuff? Neither did the people of Sodom and Gomorrah, but I bet they do now!
Does science support a belief in God? Well, let me direct you to an article in the Huffington Post:
How does the spirit of man get healthy? Good point:
- First, believe there is a God. Hebrews 11:6 states this be the very beginning of faith.
- Accept that Jesus Christ be the Son of God. Acts 4:12 and 1 Timothy 2:5.
- Study God’s Word to learn more about him.
- Associate yourself with a group of like believers.
- Surround yourself with positive people.
The soul of man deals with the earthly part, or the intellectual part of man. It be the senses, the desires, the will of man.
So, what be the difference in the soul and the spirit of man? The spirit of man, as we said before be the literal breath of God and deals with the spiritual realm, while the soul of man deals with the emotions and will of man.
Can the soul be redeemed by God? Mark 8:36 says: “What does it profit a man to gain the whole world and forfeit his soul?”
This be the place that the spirit and soul of man dwell. Hebrews 4:12 says that there is only one thing that can separate the spirit and the soul, the Word of God.
So, what does all this have to do with 5 health tips? EVERYTHING. Now that we have identified what the human person is made up of, we can now deal with good health.
Tip Number One
Healthy diet. So, what is a healthy diet? Fruits and vegetables, but how much? The USDA says we should have at least 9 fruits and vegetables each day. That’s a lot! How can I eat that much. Well, begin the day with a bowl of your favorite cereal that is low in sugar, topped with at least one cup of fruit (banana, berries, basically, any fruit).
For lunch, have a nice salad of spinach, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms and any other vegetables you want. Top that off with a cup of yogurt and a tablespoon of your preferred fruit.
Dinner could comprise a small portion of chicken, or fish, accompanied by two or three vegetables of your choosing. There you have it. Just that easy.
Tip Number Two
Exercise. Nothing beats a good walk! My doctor tells me that if I walk a mile 3 times a week, I will have most of the exercise I need! I love it. So, jog if you want, but a walk will do almost the same. It will raise your blood pressure, move your joints and give you a sense of well-being.
Love to heist weights? By all means. You don’t have to go to the gym. Buy a set of weights that you are comfortable with and just lift until your heart’s content.
The secret is to DO SOMETHING! Any kind of movement is a help, even if it’s running the sweeper on the carpet!
Tip Number Three
Sleep! At least 6 to 8 hours of sleep per night is necessary for good health. Some say they get by on 3 or 4 hours a night. You’re fooling yourself!
- A comfortable mattress and pillow are vital. Soft or hard? Your preference.
- Total darkness is best, even an electric clock can disturb.
- Quiet, or perhaps a sound machine of some sort with gentle sounds, like rain.
- Back, stomach or side? Whichever works best for you.
- Sleep routine. Same bedtime, same wake up time every day, including the weekends is best.
Tip Number Four
Socialize with friends and family. Not every day, but perhaps once a week. You don’t have to be a party animal. You don’t have to dance the night away!
- A drink with close friends. Notice A drink. 1 for ladies, 2 for men and then have a designated driver.
- Participate in the conversation…don’t be the life of the party!
- Limit the time. Remember, early to bed, early to rise, makes a person healthy, wealthy and wise.
- Find a good group of people to be in church, synagogue or mosque with. Religion, as stated above is very important.
Finally, Tip Number Five.
- Whatever your job, make sure you enjoy it. If not, find another one.
- Ditch digging is honorable.
- A desk job can be totally boring.
- Be sure you are fitted for the job you are assigned. If not, search until you find something you like.
- Many people stay with the same job all their life. Some only last days, but enjoy what you do.
Okay, there you have it…Doctor White’s philosophy of life.
- Mine has lasted so far over 81 years.
- I am in the bed at least 8 hours every night.
- I am semi-retired and love what I do (writing and arranging tours for groups).
- I eat 3 fairly healthy meals a day.
- I walk to the post office at least 3 times a week, a mile round trip.
- I have a close circle of friends that I go to church with and socialize with about once a week.
- I surround myself with healthy, positive people and will not associate with negative people.
Want some professional advice?
Let me share a link that I personally guarantee you will enjoy. Click here to get complete details.
A newsletter is offered along with a complete get fit and stay fit plan. You will not find better on the internet and it is not expensive. It was not invented by a crackpot or a quack. It is totally legitimate and healthy. Check it out here.
To your healthy lifestyle.
Joe T. White, ThD